Sunday, March 4, 2012

my words feel redundant and i think i've lost something but i don't know what. 
i don't write very much anymore and i hardly ever leave myself time to think.
i miss being sporadic and full of life
and i think i cry on every birthday.
sometimes it's because i feel bad that people give me things, and sometimes it's because they don't give me what i want. 
but this year i got what i want, a bike.
a brand new single speed bike, it's coming in the mail.
but still, i cried. 
and i cried when my mom got mad at me because she thought she had to buy my friends dinner, but that's the thing, i wish she could.
i wish i could buy anyone dinner, or have enough money to give anyone anything.
because when it comes down to it, people deserve to feel important. 
they deserve a warm coat or a stupid hour and a half at nickel city.
i think that's why birthdays are sometimes just awful.
because you want to feel like the most important person in world--for a day.
i hate it when i'm selfish and impulsive and i throw away all my thoughts like they don't matter.
they do matter.
everyone matters.
and i wish that if anyone thought they didn't matter they would just let me talk to them for five minutes so i could tell them they do.
i wish i could help everyone feel better.
it amazes me how many people are sad, and lonely, even when everyone else thinks they're on top of the world.
i think sometimes people think that about me, like i'm just this kid that has everything figured out, but i'm not.
sometimes i wish i didn't have to be the first one to say hi to someone in the halls.
because i'm intimidated too, and insecure and a teenager too.
i always hear about people not liking me because i'm "pretty" or something stupid. 
i don't always feel pretty, or cool or smart.
i don't think anyone does. 
i guess what i'm getting at is everyone is important and deserves a kind hello or a even a half smile.
when i say my prayers at night i ask God to help other people to know me, and my intentions, because it sucks to feel disliked.
and i pray that i'll be able to reach out to people and help them feel happy.
i just hope people know that i care about them and that they're important and that i'm not a mean jerk. 


i'm sorry for rambling. i guess that's what happens when you sit down without anything to say.

2 comments:

  1. “Time is swift, it races by; Opportunities are born and die... Still you wait and will not try - A bird with wings who dares not rise and fly.” -A.A Milne

    *Create and fulfill your own expectations, do not wait for others to do so, you will undoubtedly be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your writing. and i mean that in the sincerest form.

    ReplyDelete